Hi, I'm Riku Seppälä and this is page is my central presence on the web. I come from Finland and live in Montreal. I'm A Business Strategist And Corporate Information Systems Developer. Currently I'm Working on My Masters Thesis In Business Strategy. I'm A Firm Believer Of The Clan Of Getting Things Done. On my page you can find links to my CV and the projects I'm working on at the moment.

What I'm Thinking - My Twitter Feed

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 14 May 2009

    Capturing the Learning Process - Example Django

    From my experience as a teacher and learner, I've noticed that information actually is not the basis of knowledge. You can never just show someone how to solve a maths problem. They'll just forget it. What you have to do is the help the student to realize how to solve it. Usually it helps to ask the right questions for example. So that the student can have an epiphany and suddenly get it. Feels great.

    Well, that's the basis of my Project of Capturing Learning Processes. I don't have a proper name for it yet though. This is a project that's going to take a while to conceptualize, since I want to revolutionize learning from the starting point of identifying the problem. I'll call the project sparks for now.

    Problem: There is a lot of knowledge lost in learning. Learning is inefficient. Let's make learning more efficient by using the web.

    I'm not going to tell more about the project right now, until I get a bit further. For now, I'm going to settle on Capturing my own Learning Process. I'm going to learn web developement on Django.

    You can follow my learning process on my Django Learning Process blog

    1 comment:

    Carter said...

    Only smart university students can emphasize the differences between all kind of formats of written tasks at every semester they study in. They prefer best writing companies able to analyze big amonts of data and point out particularities that would become crucial for serious free example essays online from Goodexamplepapers full of creative thinking and logical conclusions. It has to be a really excellent assistance for each of us.